Sunday 1 November 2015

The post post

Into editing now. I didn't have a chance to get much done for hand-in last week since I finished filming late with problems delaying my shoot. It was pretty much just a rough cut with a little bit of my audio polished up as much as I could in one night. I don't think a lot will change going into my final cut, it's mostly done but just needs to be tightened up some more. There are quite a few shots I can't use due to continuity problems, so I've had to run the wides out quite long in some cases (although, I think that actually works ok in a few areas). Adding muic is going to make a big difference and should make it glide a lot more - at the moment it drags a bit. Then i'll need to colour correct once i've learned how to do that. Some of the exterior shots are a bit dark due to us having to shoot quickly with time constraints and bad weather, but hopefully I can grade it up. My raw sound is mostly good (except for the driving scenes), Kyle (mixer) and Kate (boom op) have done well. Unfortunately the lapel mics didn't work as well as I would have liked and most of that is unusable, but the stuff on boom was a lot better.

Unfortunately I forgot to save the original cut before I imported my sound from ProTools so
now I'm going to have to add it all back in again so I can continue editing. Doh.

Editing the streetside scene.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Callum. Did you attend any of our classes on Resolve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could only make it to the first class so I'll need to find someone who can help me with this or try to figure it out from Professor Youtube.

    ReplyDelete